By Stephanie Ray, President of BIORAY
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the liver is the valve for emotions such as anxiety, anger, and frustration. When the liver is congested, emotions back up and we experience feeling angry, frustrated and even anxiety. How does this work? There are two main detoxification pathways in your liver, phase I and II. These pathways help to neutralize and filter normal everyday toxins from your body. Keeping these pathways running smoothly can be the difference between having an irritation with just about everything, or a day full of things running like a dream when the liver is filtering toxins well! Using Liver Life® and choosing to eat mostly organic food to support these pathways is a great way to maintain healthy liver function and improve moods for everyone in the house!! Here’s how…
These foods and herbs that help the liver work well:
- Fresh fruits and lightly cooked vegetables, especially dark green, leafy vegetables and orange, yellow, purple, and red colored fruits and vegetables, contain living enzymes, fiber, vitamin C, natural antibiotic substances and phyto-nutrients, and are an excellent support for phase I detox pathway.
- Sulfurous veggies such as broccoli and cabbage assist phase II detox pathway in the liver.
- Asparagus, watermelon and broccoli are good sources of glutathione while papayas and avocados help the body to produce glutathione, a key antioxidant in the body necessary for proper liver function.
- Liver LIfe® is a food for the liver. A blend of live medicinal mushrooms and herbs, it is a synergistic formula that supports healthy liver structure and function, balances the detox pathways in the liver help restore healthy pH. The ingredients in Liver Life contain valuable properties like beta glucans that contribute to the liver as a food – so the liver can do its meant to do.
- Doubling the dose of Liver Life® for 3-5 days before a woman’s menstrual cycle will ease pent up feelings.
- Taking Liver Life®, 2-3 droppers, before and after cocktails will assist the liver in processing byproducts of alcohol – reducing oxidative stress.
The liver is considered the general of the army and is key to balancing moods, decreasing feelings of irritation, getting restful sleep, having sustained energy and a healthy metabolism.
Consume 1 or more of these foods a day to boost phase I detox pathway
|Whole grain bread||Orange||Prunes||Squash|
|Red pepper||Peaches||Sweet potato||Beans (kidney, lentil)|
Consume 1 or more of these foods a day to boost phase II detox pathway
|Arugula||Watercress||Collard greens||Napa/Chinese cabbage|
|Brussels sprouts||Turnip greens||Rutabaga||Kohlrabi|
Stephanie Ray has over 20 years of experience in Chinese medicine, specializing in environmental toxins, detoxification and organ support. Stephanie serves as the driving force behind BIORAY’s line of dietary supplements for doctors and their patients. She spearheads research and is passionate about educating others on how to maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit in a toxic world.
Used with permission