The lab we use is Texas Wellness Associates.
10500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 195
(713) 683-9494 or (888) 538-0217
Lab hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am to 2 pm; Friday, 8:30 am to noon
For any lab work, you MUST make an appointment.
You may pay for your labs by credit card and have the paperwork mailed or faxed to you.
Although Texas Wellness provides mobile services at several YMCAs throughout the city, you may want to get your blood drawn at someplace more convenient. Just ask which labs near you can make the draw.
Whichever lab you go to for the draw, you MUST take the paperwork provided by Texas Wellness.
Ask that the results be faxed to Dr. Dawn Ewing at (281) 251-4911.
If you live outside of Texas, you may order blood work online through Directlabs.com. Send the results to me.
If you have your blood drawn by Texas Wellness, we usually get the results within 24 hours. If you have the draw elsewhere, it usually takes 48 hours. In general, we will call you to schedule your consult the same day Dr. Ewing receives your labs. If you do not hear from us within 3 days of testing, please call the lab to make sure they faxed your results.
No doctor orders are required for the labs listed below. ALL labs require at least 12 hours fasting.
- Wellness Profile – kidney, liver function, cholesterol profile, CBC with differential, electrolytes and glucose
- Health Profile – same as above but includes the thyroid panel (T3, T4, T7 & TSH)Blood type
- PSA (High values can indicate benign enlargement or inflammation of the prostate gland.)
- Homocysteine (High concentrations of this amino acid can damage blood vessels and lead to plaque build-up, blocking arteries.)
- Estrogen fractioned
- CA 125 (ovarian cancer marker)
- Hepatitis screen A,B,C
- SED rate (inflammation marker)
- Rh factor
- EBV panel
- CMV panel
- Lymes panel
- Ferritin (cellular iron level)
- CEA (tumor marker)
- C-reactive protein
- Prothrombin time
- Serum Magnesium
Additional Labs are available upon request.